Sunday, January 2, 2011

the perfect space

It's been almost seven months since my last post and the reason for that is pretty simple. I've felt like I've had absolutely nothing to say that would help or inspire anyone. Every week since my last post in June, I've tried to type a new post with no success. The great thing though, is that if I look back on my life since June, it has been an incredible and irreplaceable whirlwind and seeing as it is a new year, here's a quick recap.

June: Went to an incredible concert with two incredible friends, Matt and Aaron to celebrate Aaron's birthday...Celebrated the engagement of Annie and Jessup, two coworkers, and more importantly, two of my closest friends...Watched ESPN for weeks as the USC Gamecocks claimed their very first national championship in baseball, something I'm convinced dad somehow had a hand in. :)

July: One of my favorite months of the year because it invovles a holiday that promotes the use of fireworks! Spent the 4th on the lake with the family and Amanda...Visited Drew and Kathy twice in D.C. to help with Wine to Water events...Celebrated my birthday in NYC with Annie and Julia...

August: Booked my first trip to visit our projects in Cambodia...Helped my best bud, Mary E. pick out her wedding dress...Headed to Myrtle Beach with two guys who I now call my closest friends to see The Avett Brothers for the first time...

September: WENT TO CAMBODIA! More to come on that though...

October: Hopped a plane and went back to NYC with Stacie and Patrick...Went to see AND meet The Avett Brothers with Amanda and Josh...Witnessed the union of two of my favorite people as Annie and Jessup tied the knot in one of the greatest weddings I've ever been to...Went to Charleston for a great weekend with Jill and caught up with old friends...Got a phone call from my little cousin Jordan, telling me that he got engaged!...Took an amazing trip to D.C. with Jack, Josh, Jeff and Teryn to go to Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert's rally and to celebrate Halloween with the Northcutts...

November: Wine to Water events in Boone, Winston and Charlotte...Enjoyed Thanksgiving with the fam in Zirconia and watched Auburn beat Alabama with the fam!...

December: Watched Auburn win the SEC championship, otherwise known as their bid to the National Championship...Celebrated National Cupcake Day, obviously...Visited Greensboro a lot...enjoyed Christmas in Charleston and got to see Sarah, Ryan and my beautiful nieces...Celebrated Mary E. and Claude at their first engagement party... Rang in the new year with some of my favorite people. :)


So there we have it. It's most definitely been a year of ups and downs, but having the opportunity to look back on it has made me realize that I've had some incredible experiences with some very amazing people.

"And I wanna have friends that I can trust,
that love me for the man I’ve become and not the man that I was." -The Avett Brothers


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have had an exciting 6 months! Last December, I made a calendar for 2010 for my mom with all of our family birthdays and anniversaries and each month would put odd celebrations for different days. When I came across National Cupcake Day I put Chelsea Small. She said I don't know who that is but happy birthday anyway - I never told her any different! Ha!

    ReplyDelete