Friday, February 5, 2010

all i want

There's something I've been thinking about a lot the last few days...Openness. Obviously over the last few weeks I've been really trying to take an in depth look at my approach to life, to people, to relationships and most importantly, to my faith. My faith is something I will never shy away from talking about when approached, and so I find that sometimes that spills over into other aspects of my life, leaving me to ask if I'm too open with others?

I think the people I've learned from the most have been the people who have really given me a chance and let me in. So here's my question- why can't we all just be honest and open with each other? I know many of us often times feel like we have something to hide. Perhaps it's a secret or a past that we're ashamed of, or maybe we're afraid of getting hurt yet again if we let another person into our life. That last one I definitely understand. I think many of us get to a point after suffering loss more times than we can count where we figure there's no point in letting others in and we build a wall.

Here's the thing though, what's the point of living life if you can't share it and enjoy it with others? That's why God gave us friends, family, loved ones, and even our furry friends. So here it is... I'm over building walls. It would be a shame to shut someone out that may end up making an incredible impact on your life.

"Nothing's so cold
As closing the heart when all we need is to free the soul..." Toad the Wet Sprocket

No comments:

Post a Comment